Monday, September 29, 2008

Holiday Out We Go

Today is the first time for us girls, to hang out outside office hour during the holiday season. Usually everybody would have their own agenda, but lucky for today, unplanned meet up, we managed to gather the girls to go and catch a movie. Isn't that great? So we decided to watched the most happening Indo movie playing now.

It’s called the "Laskar Pelangi" (the Rainbow Troops) the movie which based on the best selling novel with the same title, "Laskar Pelangi" authored by Andre Hirata the story about the struggling of teacher and her 10 students for education in remote place called Belitong.

Showing the dynamic life of the 10 students, and the ambitious character of the teacher, really inspire the audience. The shot was taken mostly at Belitong itself; you can really see the different side of Indonesia. The beautiful scenery of the untouched beach and the old, vintage road brought you back to your childhood memory.

'beautiful sight isn't it?'

'doesn't it remind you of Sound of Music?'

It was a good movie to catch, especially with that nice melodious soundtrack by Nidji (an Indonesian band). Nice Nice! It was very different from the typical Indonesian movie in general.

'during lunch (me and iyen)'

This is before the watching the movie together, I met up with Iyen and Rere in the afternoon first to get lunch and initially to buy the ticket first, cos it's selling out fast. Well it's true when I got there at 2pm, it already sold out for the next two slots. So we got to watch at the 7pm slot. Lucky it was in Senayan City so I can go walk walk first hahaha...

'plus rere in the middle'

'my favourite food @ Urban Kitchen'

After the long hour of waiting for the show to start the rest of the girl start showing up and we meet up at the ice cream parlour, Cream & Fudge. Since I just ate no long before, so Iyen and me decided to share a cup for two (romantic isn't it?) hehehe.. Ow I got to meet Binyo's boyfriend for the first time, his name is Hengky. Binyo told me when Hengky first saw me, he said that he kinda recognise me from somewhere (I know... the famous me HAUHAHAHA *ya rite) But kinda strange cos I felt the same way, I think we've might have met up somewhere before I don't know:P Well, I hope we can do this more often (Ya the hanging out together and the great film making of course) hehehe…

0 comments: